Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DARN Scale

Ugh, my scale basically died. First, I could not get it to read and then when it did read it read 187. There is no FLIPPIN way that I gained 6.2 pounds, when I have been perfect the last 2 days eating wise, drinking wise, and I took a detox bath last night. I tried again and it would not read my weight. GRRRR Guess I need to purchase a new scale today.


Last night for a treat I made a strawberry sorbet (did not eat my fruit at dinner). It was really yummy, satisfied my sweet tooth, and kept me from indulging in ice cream the family was eating. I blended my strawberries with a dropper full of vanilla crème stevia, 10 ice cubes and about ½ cup water in my magic bullet. Something I will have to do again to keep me on track in the evenings.


I was so proud of myself last night. I made spaghetti and meatballs for the family, along with garlic bread. Several times I found myself wanting just to “take a bite” as I was cooking, BUT I DIDN’T, yea for me! I kept reminding myself that by my next math meeting I want to be 10 pounds lighter than I was this week at my meeting, so I have 12 days to get 10 pounds off! I also have an event the day after and I really would like to wear something new!


I am starving today! I am not sure why!? I woke up this way and it has not stopped, although I have not drank my normal liter of water before I left the house and I have not sipped on my ice tea all morning, like normal. Why? I decided to do an apple day. I know that I have not stalled, but I just need to change things up a little for my own sanity. And of course see a good loss on the scale, after my battle with it this morning. I want to see under 180 tomorrow morning! This day and evening are busy with activities, so I should be okay. I sliced up 4 apples (3 are here at work with me to last the day and the other is at home ready to grab and go tonight)…topped with some cinnamon and stevia. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I am about to hit my apple day too if i dont see a loss by morning. I have been doing everything right these past few days. I dont know how to adjust my schedual so i can weigh in the morning and get an accurate reading instead of getting my reading at 3 in the afternoon. I will not give up but, I am getting frustrasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh first thing in the morning...right after I go to the bathroom and before I jump in the shower. Just a routine.

    ReplyDelete