Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ramblings on Day 21...but down 0.8 today

I am worn out today. I have so many huge project coming together at work, all at the same time and then I look at the calendar and realize how much I will be off campus the next 3 weeks or tied up that it is really stressing me out...can July 2nd come soon enough?

The weather around here is really make me depressed. I live in an area of the country that is pretty much dry...although God has blessed us with lots of snow this winter and now for the last 2 weeks almost solid cloudy skies and rain. Everything is so green and beautiful, but I really need some sunshine and warm weather. We need to dry out. Tonight, the clouds are already rumbling and warnings are posted for tornadoes and such.

Committments and volunteering...I am tired of working full time, being a mom full time, and trying to be active in my children's school. Why do I always feel the need to volunteer? Why can't I be the kind of person that says no, walks away, does not look back and does not feel guilty about it?

My husband needs to learn to read the calendar. I am so fustrated with him. The calendar is on the refrig...so I know he has to look at it, but does he. What is wrong with him. With 3 kids and various activities there is things every night and on the weekends. I had signed up to scrapbook Friday night and all day Saturday several months ago, it is written on the calendar and he has seen me getting things organized. I hardly ever have time set aside just for ME...and I was really looking forward to my time away from being a mom this weekend. Guess what, he committed himself to something this weekend and guess who has to cancel their plans...this is something he can't get out of. It just makes me so mad. We don't have family around us, my teenage babysitter is not available anymore, and really don't have friends to rely on to take the kids. My daughter is old enought to babysit her younger brothers, but I already told her last week that she could spend the night with a friend...

On a positive note, I am down another 0.8 pounds today. Wahoo! I so hope to see the 160s by this time next week. It is possible if I keep focused this weekend, which is something I have a hard time doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment