Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Weekend is Here...time of dread

I hate weekends, there just is no structure and my family wants to eat out...which usually results in gaining. UGH! How do I get over this hurdle today? I am going to get outside in a few moments and mow the yard...it looks like a jungle after about 2 weeks of solid rain. That will make we physically working, burn up time and calories and maybe score some points with husband...although he is the one that should be scoring points with me since I am missing my scrapbook weekend because he failed to ask and check the calendar for this weekend. Yes, I am still UPSET about not getting some ME time.

I think I am going to buy myself a ice tea maker today for my 15 pound reward. I am sick of boiling water everynight to make my tea for the next morning. Then again, I could just buy a cheap sun tea bottle, but you need sunshine and patience for that. I am also going to go check my local health food store today and see if I can get some different flavored stevia drops...I love the vanilla creme, but sure could use a little variety. I also need to get grocery shopping and grill up some chicken.
So maybe I can make this a busy day so I am not tempted with food.

1 comment:

  1. I was having this problem to, as far as going out to dinner for the weekends. Even though in the begining I felt very strange doing this at first, and didnt want to, I told myself if I wanted to hit my goals then I will do it. If you call ahead first and tell a resturaunt you are on an extremely strict diet by your doctor,but your family wants to go out to eat, Is it ok if you bring your own meal. Most places had no problem with this, in fact a few times when I had taken my salads with my protiens and fruit chopped up into it I was told that my salad looked prettier than thiers. For places that I didnt feel like It was really appropriete. I normally just order thier house salad minus any banned veggies they may add to it, no dressing. I have tiny 1/2c rubbermade or glad containers that hold exacty 100g of my cooked protien. and small bottles like to put in kids lunch boxes filled with my protocol approved dressings, in another cup I pack my fruit normally chopped. Once they bring me my salad, I take out my 2 little containers and quickly dump them on my salad. I wait to eat when everyones meal gets to the table and I just eat slowly. No one has said anything to me this far. It really has been tuff on this account cuz K looves to eat out. Also If you have a Jason's Deli available in your area. AWESOME salad bar to go to. All organic veggies and chopped fruit and while they dont have meat on the bar, they do have whole boiled eggs. This makes it very very eassy to get your one whole agg and 3 whites into your salad. All I pack then is my tiny dressing bottles. I know someone else had asked me about this, so I may post pictures in my thoughts of the day today. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete